Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anxiety or actual manifestation of symptoms (COVID-19)

ovazquez123

Hello,

My anxiety has my head spinning.

At what point should one believe they’re actually manifesting symptoms?

Should a fever be the tell all, accompanied by a dry cough?

Nausea, lung soreness, rear nasal inflammation, ear aches, swollen lymph nodes aren’t something to worry about?

If so who can I contact to confirm or deny?

This would calm my anxiety.

DH-Nar

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

Nausea, lung soreness, rear nasal inflammation, ear aches, swollen lymph nodes aren’t something to worry about?

Hey, anxiety during times like this is understandable as many people are currently in the same situation. Yesterday I had a slight cough and I thought to myself "this is it, I am sick", but quickly snapped out of it. It's important to be in the right head space when something of this magnitude is happening around the world. Mental health plays a huge role in how we handle this as individuals. There are now many services that offer "tele medicine" where you can see a doctor through a video platform and tell them your symptoms- if they believe you are at risk to have Covid-19 they will schedule a test for you. I use One Medical, but I know there are others. Going this avenue can give you some peace of mind.

Tamer

You also have to take into consideration the places that you have been in the last few days. If you were in a high volume area for a prolonged amount of time, it would be worth getting checked. Try and avoid hospitals, for obvious reasons. And what ever you do, do not take Ibuprofen.

DH-Nar

Administrator
Staff member
You also have to take into consideration the places that you have been in the last few days. If you were in a high volume area for a prolonged amount of time, it would be worth getting checked. Try and avoid hospitals, for obvious reasons. And what ever you do, do not take Ibuprofen.
I completely agree- the key is to stay in and be safe to avoid spreading it (some people are Asymptomatic, so they may not have symptoms).

SanFran11

Hello,

Hey ! trust me man I know... I've been thinking so much about this too. I don't think we have much to worry about IF we listen to the professionals. The problem is some people don't care and are literally acting like its another day. Good thing CA. did a full state lockdown- Anxiety is going to be something we will deal with while going through this. TRUST ME half of the Country is thinking like you, but no need to worry. Just be safe and clean and you will be fine.